So you’ve got your shiny new iPad and you want to take it everywhere with you, but what about protecting your not inconsiderable investment? The back may be made from tough aluminium, but with that large pane of glass on the front, it’s just asking for trouble.

That’s where the LA robe Allure for iPad from be.ez steps in. Don’t let the crappy name fool you, this zippered slipcase offers good protection from the bumps and knocks your iPad might encounter in day to day life. Made from 5mm thick, low resilience polyurethane (LRPu) foam, the case absorbs impacts by deforming freely and then slowly returning to its original shape.

There’s not much else to the LA robe, though the top has an inner lip to protect your iPad from the closing zip. Inside the case is lined with soft felt to prevent scratches to that gorgeous 9.7” screen. If you’re one to roll with a hard case on your iPad, be.ez has made the case just about big enough to accommodate your iPad in a slim hard shell.

Overall we were quite impressed with the LA robe for iPad. It’s a snug fit that makes you feel the iPad is well protected, while the LRPu absorbs knocks easily, great for slinging your iPad in a backpack. Available in four stripy colours, including the fetching Neapolitan to the right, and at just over £20 the Allure is worth considering if you’re after a simple padded slipcase for your Apple slate.