As seen on the Autumn/Winter 2010 catwalks of Milan, CAT’s shearling-lined work boots are quickly becoming the hot fashion trend of this winter. With an eclectic mix of designs for men and women, CAT presents an ideal footwear solution for those seeking a boot encapsulating functionality and vintage style.

CAT have based their A/W 2010 collection on three key concepts. The Rugged collection aims to retain a classical CAT image, whilst maintaining versatility and making the boots easy to wear. The women’s boot Nena (£89.99) is a great example of this. Incorporating the traditional CAT hiker styling with a padded tweed ankle detail for ultimate comfort, this boot should be worn loose over jeans for the ultimate casual look.

The Casual collection aims to maintain CAT’s rugged signature style whilst incorporating a modern twist. The men’s Evolve boot (£99.99) maintains CAT’s signature oil resistant rubber grip sole and thick fleece lining yet integrates this season’s lumberjack trend for a quirky take on an established classic.

Finally, the Active collection offers functional and comfortable boots for the consumer who is energetic at heart. The men’s Apa boot inspired trainer (£74.99) features a leather upper with a sturdy rubber sole, making it ideal for ambling through the countryside, while the women’s Molten boot (£84.99) incorporates a fur lining into its sturdy design, making it the perfect winter warmer.

CAT footwear effectively manages to withstand both changing weather and changing trends. The company is committed to developing durable yet fashionable boots which incorporate pioneering technological features with original designs. While the idea of wearing footwear made by the world’s largest manufacturer of construction and mining equipment may not be for everyone, for those wanting to be fashion forward and break the stranglehold that is Ugg, CAT boots might be right up your street.

CAT boots are available in Schuh stores nationwide.