The South African rugby team followed in the footsteps of their Southern Hemisphere colleagues, New Zealand, and trained at Ethos on Thursday morning in preparation for their match against the Barbarians this coming weekend.

The team arrived by coach and practiced their lineouts beside the rock climbing wall, the exact same place where the Imperial College 1st XV carry out the same practice on a Tuesday. Following their hour long session, some of the players had a snowball fight whilst awaiting the arrival of their team bus. Tendai Mtawarira, also known as ‘The Beast’ was a noticeable abstainer from the snowball fight, hiding behind the glass railings outside of Ethos to prevent being hit by a multitude of snowballs thrown in this direction.

The team appeared calm and relaxed ahead of their upcoming game against the Ba-Bas captained by Wallaby Matt Giteau. The Springboks will be looking to build on their victory over England last weekend by defeating a team largely comprised of players from the southern hemisphere which will be no mean feat considering the South Africans had a dismal Tri-Nations tournament as well as suffering a demoralising loss at the hands of Scotland earlier this Autumn.