Whilst you were out, Apple launched a little thing called the iPad. You might have seen our feature on Mr. Jobs’ ‘magical’ device last term, which was released in its WiFi only form to avid fans across the US on April 3rd. Is it as amazing as all Apple fanboys hoped and dreamed? Maybe.

The plethora of reviews have certainly been good, but unfortunately the international release of Apple’s new market defining device has been pushed back to ‘the end of May’, with official pricing and availability due to be announced on May 10th. So for the mean time, all I can tell you is what you can read for yourselves in the gazillion reviews that every Tom, Dick and Harry has rushed to publish. It’s good, but it doesn’t do everything you’ve always wanted and we’re not sure what you’ll use it for. Apple puts this delay down to the iPad’s unexpected success in the US, with over one million estimated to have been sold since launch.

Of course accessories for the slate device have been popping up left, right and centre from every manufacturer. Some better than others, they range from basic stands to DIY keyboard cases that turn the iPad into a sudo-laptop.

But who’s the iPad really for? Well this week there’s been a story kicking about the technology press of a woman who’s been given back here passion for reading by the iPad, becoming arguably the oldest early adopter ever. The 99 year old woman who’s poor eye sight has prevented her from reading books, uses the iPad’s sizable and bright text to read again. The perfect computer for your mother then perhaps?

Oh and for those who are interested, Blendtec confirmed it, the iPad will blend, even if you have to cheat a little bit to get it in the blender.

Previous < 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 > Next - iPhone OS 4 Unveiled