Imperial College Union Rugby Football Club have suffered their first major injury on tour.

Jamie Alldridge, 22, suffered an injury to his wrist after a rather unfortunate fall during a game, and has been advised by doctors from Kyoto’s Second Red Cross Hospital to return to England for medical treatment. Alldridge, who is the starting loose-head prop for the Imperial Ninjas, the ICURFC 1st XV touring side, is said to be ‘gutted’ by the incident and having to leave the touring party so early, but is optimistic that the injury will gain him some sympathy with the ladies back home. Speaking about his injury, Alldridge commented that it was ‘downhill all the way’ and there was nothing he could do to stop it, as far as he remembers.

The tour management have already called up a replacement for the injured Alldridge. Ed Poynton will be meeting the rest of the touring squad in Tokyo this afternoon, just in time for their second set of games on Saturday, where the Imperial Barbarians (2nd XV) will be playing against Yokohama Country and Athletic Club RFC, whilst the Imperial Ninjas will face Tokyo University RFC. Assistant Tour Manager, James Martin, told felix that ‘no one will notice his absence, that American lad was better anyway!’

Alldridge, who has suffered a intra-articular fracture of the distal radius, will be heading to the orthopaedic department at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital upon his return, where he hopes to receive treatment on the injured wrist.