One minute away from Leicester Square Station, Dishoom offers great Indian food at great prices in an extraordinary yet cosy atmosphere.

A: I literally can’t move at the moment. I’m full. You should have stopped me after the fifth dish! M: What could I have done? Everything was great! However, there’s always space for some extra Dishoom calamari. A: Oh yeah, all the dishes were fantastic. Although I am not a big fan of Indian food, as I don’t like spicy dishes, I found out that there are many interesting ones. I really loved the fish fingers with the sweet sauce. M: Well, Dishoom is a traditional Indian restaurant but at the same time its menu offers a broad choice of both spicy, non-spicy and also vegetarian dishes. A: Yes, this is absolutely true. I am wondering why you chose that spicy cocktail drink. I mean, we tried many spicy dishes like the house black daal - you should have got a sweet cocktail like the Bombay Colada. M: A spicy cocktail like Chilli Martini may sound weird but it matches perfectly with most of the dishes and surely completes their taste. What did you think of the “Fish Ruby”? I have to admit I’m used to curry combined with chicken but that was a blast!

Raita

A: That’s why it was the speciality of the day, it was special indeed! One of the best dishes that should be included in the menu. You know what? You may find it silly, but what I enjoyed the most was Raita. Mouthwatering and refreshing! Together with the garlic bread it was the best side dish. M: I totally understand. Even if you are not into spicy foods, just combining them with a yoghurt dip - like Raita - can just make you think about the flavours spices trigger. I particularly like the fact that you have so many choices. No need to limit your selection to 1 dish; Just order three, four maybe five plates and share them among the table! A: Yes indeed, it gives you the opportunity to enjoy many different dishes. Have you noticed that we have finished our three course meal in just one hour? M: That was very impressive, the service is splendid. Dishes are properly cooked and presented, the waiters and waitresses look very keen to assist you and that really contributes to the overall experience. A: I totally agree. Dishoom has a very warm atmosphere and it was packed, even though it was a Wednesday. Fortunately, we made a reservation. M: That’s just more proof of how popular Dishoom is. A: Oh come on! Tell me about the desserts! Personally I couldn’t resist taking my usual; chocolate fondant, yummy! M: Ok, I’m gonna admit it: I did try some of your fondant while you were away from the table! There, I said it! But you stole some of my delicious pineapple & black pepper crumble … and not just once! A: I just wanted to try the combination of pineapple, honey, oats and ice-cream… M: I forgot to ask you, why did I have to carry my camera with me? A: Oh lord… we were supposed to take some photos! But as soon as the food arrived, I couldn’t think of anything but eating! M: So, when are we visiting Dishoom again? A: Are you free next week? M: Sure! A: So you’d recommend it huh? M: Totally!