Last issue, Felix Food made mention of the Chocolate Week, the London Restaurant Festival and the Diwali Festival. It’s likely some of you dislike chocolate, hate restaurant festivals or think Indian food is just another thing that drags you to the toilet! So, let’s talk about cheese… and wine!

The Cheese & Wine Festival is taking place on 14 – 16 Oct at the Southbank Centre Square in London. A wide range of stalls will be showcasing the highest quality cheeses and wines from the UK and around the world. As with any self-respecting festival, it will also offer many exciting activities. There are going to be many cooking demonstrations by celebrity chefs such as Valentina Harris and Tim Atkin!

However, if you think that watching someone cook is boring, you may join me in an Australian wine tasting session with Brian Oakwell - or a cheese and beer pairing of La Cave à Fromage & Meantime Brewery, who said just brilliantly: “What two foods are made for each other more than beer and cheese… Cheese is beer backwards, or beer is cheese backwards.”

Finally and most importantly, all of us are either students or (very) hard-working employees and are aware that fine cheese and wine can be a bit…expensive. Admission to the Cheese & Wine festival is FREE*. It’s as if it was organized especially for us! So remember: do not have lunch at Queen’s Tower or the Library Café. Brace yourself for a cheesy evening and quench your thirst with plenty of wine! Doctor’s instructions: Repeat on Saturday and Sunday.

• A ticket is required for tutored tasting with Tim Atkin and seating is limited.

Go to www.cheesewinefestival.com to get the full list of events, participants and book tickets.

Friday 14 October – Sunday 16 October 11am – 8pm daily (6pm Sunday)

Southbank Centre Square