Imperial’s music scene is certainly underground. The bright morning sunshine rarely reaches its dark recesses and its artists receive little attention. The Felix Music Nights are our way of celebrating this under-appreciated scene and also fostering it; bringing more students into the tent and saying, “Hey, there’s a good thing going on here.” The formula hasn’t changed since last year’s successes: scout the finest DJs from Music Tech, sniff out some red-hot bands from Jazz & Rock, and grab London’s most hyped up-and-coming artists to headline.

Our headliner this time is rapper Mikill Pane. With some of the wittiest and weirdest lyrics around, he’s similar to Das Racist. He shot to attention with his heart-wrenching rhymes on Ed Sheeran’s track “Little Lady” and has been overloading music blogs since, receiving praise from none-other than Dj Semtex.

Below, Iñigo gives you a sneak-peek at the DJ lineup and how Felix and Music Tech started collaborating:

Felix approached Music Tech Society in January of last year, about doing a WiiJ performance for their new student music night. WiiJing is, essentially, hacking a Nintendo Wii remote to use for live music manipulation or, as the name suggests, DJing. Unfortunately, no hacking was in the works at the time. The suggestion did, however, inspire a new live element to the society. A live electronic improvisation group was banded, though it remained untitled by the time the night came along. Sadly, No More Reality, as it came to be dubbed, is no more, on the count of the academic dissidence of the local synth wizard. Such is life.

This time around, KABLAAM will see Music Tech behind the turntables for a tetrapak of electronic stimulation. Opening the evening, Not Indigo will warm up the sound system with an unorthodox amalgam of groovy head hop, chilled psychotropics and dubby rhythms. Keeping it slow and low, SMB will provide some fine deep cuts from the frontiers of house and techno. Before the headliner hits the stage, Monsk will warm the floor with his sensual blend of soulful polyrhythmia and throbbing low end. To close the evening, Niceberg, a veteran of the Nintendisco retrogaming club night, will rip the speakers apart with an outburst of frantic bass music, cracking the cones into submission and eventual paralysis.

KABLAAM is on Saturday 12th of November in Metric. Entry is only £3 and it starts at 7pm.