London Restaurant Festival celebrates the Capital’s restaurants and their diversity. For two weeks (October 3-17) visitors will be able to try things they wouldn’t otherwise, tickle their tasting pallet and taste extraordinary food prepared by all kinds of chefs experiencing the ultimate dining experience. The Festival splits in two main areas; restaurants running festival menus and a whole series of events.

Countless restaurants around London will be offering great lunch/dinner packages ranging at special prices from £10 up to £30. This is a great opportunity for you to visit not only your favourite brasserie but also have a taste of the best, Michelin awarded restaurants in town without spending a fortune!

From the various events taking place, I’ve shortlised the most exciting ones.

Firstly, the “Gourmet Odyssey” comprises the absolute gastronomic road trip you’ll ever experience. How would it sound if you could have your first course in one top London restaurant, your main in another and dessert in a third? Pretty challenging. Having the option of walking (October 8 - £110) or taking a retro routemaster bus (October 15 - £150) get ready for a city journey you will never forget!

London’s mayoral elections are taking place in a few months. Pizza Elections, on the other hand, are right now. As part of LRF Pizza Express designed two very special pizzas: a Boris (Johnson) pizza and a Ken (Livingstone) one. Both pizzas cost £10. The most popular pizza will be revealed at LRF Awards on October 17.

The highlight of the Festival is “Pop up in the sky”, a pleasure for few. For four days – October 3-6 – dinner will be served at three of the London Eye’s capsules. Three top chefs will cook a course for every capsule. Does that sound exciting? Go ahead, make a withdrawal: capsules are priced from £12,500 to £15,000!

Finally, LFR is eco-friendly too. The Sustainable Restaurant Association (SRA) is prompting restaurants and costumers to think before they throw out. Have some extra food on your plate but think you’re full? Just ask for a doggy box and save it for later.

You still think that’s too few for you? Have a visit at www.londonrestaurantfestival.com and get the full list of restaurants and events. Make sure to book early and get the best out of this wonderful fest!