The truth is that organic products have managed to attract a large number of people in the United Kingdom. In addition, the increase in the number of people buying organic goods is showing no signs of slowing down. The supporters of this ‘green lifestyle’ believe that it is not just a fashion trend that is going to disappear in the future, as they argue that organic products are of greater quality despite their slightly higher cost.

The producers explain that the reason for the popularity of organic food is because they are free from hormones, pesticides, preservatives, and chemicals – offering healthier nutrition to the consumers. And this is scientifically confirmed.

Research that took place in the USA in 1984 proved that organic products contain many more nutrients like phosphorus, calcium, magnesium and potassium. Specifically, organic lettuce contains almost twice as much phosphorus and four times the quantity of calcium that is contained in the conventional lettuce.

Moreover, a group of European scientists have proved that organic fruit and vegetables contain 40% more antioxidants than normal. Antioxidants are beneficial for the heart and help the prevention of cancer.

In addition to the health benefits, the organic production systems have a large ecosystem impact, as they are designed to respect the balance observed in our natural ecosystems. Organic farms actively encourage biodiversity in order to maintain soil fertility and aid natural pest control – in contrast with conventional farms.

Therefore, after a great deal of research in organic markets and farms, I have prepared a shopping list for you listing my top five organic products available on the market, so that you know where to go and what to choose!

Mandarin & Ginger Extra Dark Chocolate by Seed & Bean

Description: Dominican Cocoa is delightfully blended with Italian Mandarin essential oil and a hint of ginger from China for a blissfully warm enveloping orange confection. More details: www.seedandbean.co.uk

Mini Magoo’s Granuesli with Bluberries

Description: Rich, handmade cereals. I particularly like the distinctive flavour of each ingredient that is not tainted by any additives. You can find it many different flavours such as dates or ginger. More Details: www.minimagoo.com

365 Organic Everyday Value Olive Oil by Whole Foods Market

Description: It does make a significant difference to your salads. Try it on top of fresh bread! More details:www.wholefoodsmarket.com

Mini Vegbox by Riverford Organic Farm

Description: It contains 7 or 8 varieties of very high quality fresh vegetables – better then Tesco or Sainsbury’s. The most important thing is that it is a very reasonable price – £9.85 for the whole box. More Details: www.riverford.co.uk

Organic Almonds by Not Just Nuts

Description: A healthy snack full of energy and vitamins. Use them as a fine flavouring, raw, sliced, ground or fried. Add to stir fries, use in the base of a nut roast or stuffing mix and taste the difference! More details:www.notjustnuts.co.uk

Perfekt Ultimate Organic Granola

Description: The utimate balance of delicious jumbo oats, crunchy nuts and seeds gently toasted with agave nectar. More details: www.granovita.co.uk