Ingredients:

· Eggs (2-3 per person)

· Some butter

· Seasoning

Time: ~25 minutes.

Impress your friends! Amaze your guests! Elevate your boring omelette ten levels in classiness and tastiness by making Une Omelette Soufflée! Anyone and everyone can make an omelette but this soufflé can cement your position as future king or queen of the kitchen.

Separate the eggs into two bowls, ensuring the bowl for the egg whites is completely clean. Add a little salt to the egg whites and whisk until soft white peaks are formed, slightly less whisking than the amount required for a meringue is the optimum.

To the yolks add a splash of water (approx. 10ml per egg), a sprinkling of salt and pepper and your favourite herb (rosemary or thyme are excellent). Whisk until a layer of bubbles sits atop the yellow liquid.

Very gently (with a silicone spatula or wooden spoon), fold the whites into the yolks a little at a time. Don’t mix the mixture too much, separate white and yellow patches should still be visible.

In a large frying pan, on a high heat, melt enough butter to coat the bottom of the pan (too much will cause the omelette to deep fry). Now turn on the grill for later. Pour the omelette mixture into the pan and let it cook for about 4-5 minutes until the bottom forms a crust. The top should still be wobbly and bubbly.

Quickly move the pan from the hob to the grill (dilly-dallying will cause the soufflé to sink). Cook until the top has a lightly golden crust and serve immediately. Serve with bacon or caramelized onions, but definitely do not serve with cheese.