There are many students in Imperial that love Greek food and I am not talking solely about the Greeks! Traditional Greek cuisine is full of incredible smells and tastes: from the salty feta cheese; the tempting meat meze with the refreshing tzatziki; the thick pita bread and the skewers, the unique mousaka and many many more traditional and attractive dishes.

If you want to experience traditional Greek night and you are near Earl’s Court, then you should visit the traditional tavern As Greek As it Gets. Great food, reasonable prices, a happy and friendly atmosphere and the best Greek music to cheer you up.

Highly recommended dishes are the pan-fried kefalotyri cheese with sesame seeds for starter and the mixed grill selection and gyros with mustard and tzatziki for the main course, which is best enjoyed together with a glass of Ouzo (or possibly more!). You shouldn’t leave the place without having a Galaktoboureko or Baklava for dessert with a relaxing cup of Greek coffee frappe.

The tavern is not only a great night out with friends, but it seems ideal for parties and a lunch in between lectures during the week. If you’re in a hurry, there is always the option to take out.

As Greek As It Gets was given the Food & Drink Award 2008 for ‘Best Greek Restaurant’ by The Times. Warning: This place is not recommended for those who are on a diet! Καλή όρεξη!

233 Earl’s Court Rd, SW5 9AH. Open Mon–Fri 12.00-15.00 and 17.00-23.00 and Sat–Sun All day: 12.00-23.00.