Established in 1947, Daquise Restaurant on Thurloe St. never fails to transport alumnis down memory lane. Mr. Gessler, a prominent figure in the restaurant scene in Poland, has recently acquired into one of the longest serving Polish restaurants in London where impeccable food quality is coupled with a homely ambience that makes for a most enjoyable meal.

Polish cuisine, well known for its scrumptious meat, lives up to expectations with the world famous steak tartare. The visual impact of the head chef preparing the well-seasoned meat made to order by your end table completes the dining experience. Another exceptional starter, the marinated herring - soft and tender cured fish drizzled with linseed oil simply melts on your tongue. Another classic is the dish of dumplings with the golden ratio of soft white cheese and potatoes sprinkled with chopped parsley and bacon, which has scored a respectable 9 out of 10 in dumpling wars. The two-course Espresso lunch offer for £9 (£7 with iConnect!) has a generous portion of soup and classic Polish chicken. Well roasted, with a strong home-oven scent and stuffing, the quartered chicken served with carrots and mashed potatoes beats Nando’s hands down in both quality and price. The meat is a tad dry but the delicious mash more than makes up for it. Other mains include huge thinly breaded pork chop, fried to absolute perfection. The sauteed sour cabbage at the side is, again, done to the right taste. Make sure you leave room for the delicious cheesecake that has a crumbly homemade pastry crust and soft cheese filling that is to die for.

Having the Chef serving your meal is a rare experience so make sure you grab the chance to dine here with the 20% iConnect discount on all food on weekdays. Smacznego!

Nigel Kheng Wei Hehn, Tadek Kurpaski and Sheena Lee

Check out the Espresso Lunch Discount at www.iconnectimperial.com