After weeks of facebook stalking the Camborne Netball page, the Royal School of Mines squad stepped onto the court aiming to make sure that they remained undefeated!

The first whistle blew and centre court players Rachel, Sorcha and captain Lucy Byrne worked hard to get the ball down to the shooters; Royal School of Mines Netball veteran, Jessica, and new face Poppy at their goal end. Beautiful play from Royal School of Mines. resulted in the girls being ahead at the end of the first quarter.

After some team reshuffling, Sang stepped up on the wing, with some fabulous interceptions, and defence Claire, Lorna and Royal School of Mines’s player of the match, Bernice, showed Camborne School of Mines how Netball should be played.

The Royal School of Mines girls thrashed their Camborne counterparts in the final quarter, to give a final score of 34-15, meaning that the trophy returned to its rightful home and allowing captain, Lucy, to get her college ID card back from behind the bar.

The Royal School of Mines Netball team can’t wait to take a trip to Cornwall next year, to live in caravans and show Camborne just how it is done AGAIN… In hindsight though, perhaps we shouldn’t have given them tips on how to play Netball whilst drinking at the bar!