With Sabbatical Elections right around the corner, the candidates for the different positions are getting geared up for a fierce week of campaigning for the voting period that starts next week.

In yesterday’s initial election meeting, the terms of campaigning were set with the different opportunities for the candidates to fight for votes. There’s a chance for students to virtually meet the candidates via a STOIC live broadcast on Wednesday at 6:00pm where viewers can ask questions via Twitter, Facebook and email. To meet the candidates in person, there will be a formal Hustlings in FiveSixEight tomorrow at 6:30pm. The next week sees all the candidates battling it out for their positions with intense campaigning to get your vote. The ideas for campaigning included the standard flyers, lecture shout-outs and posters. But be warned now, with the main target for campaigning being cybernetic, sabbatical-election-related groups, pages and events, will hijack your Facebook.

The three candidates that have put themselves forward for President are Danish Khan, Nadia Dzigal and Scott Heath. The students standing for Deputy President (Education) are Jason Parmar and Stefan Bauer. The candidates for Deputy President (Finances and Services), who is also responsible for organizing the Summer Ball, are Rebecca Clark, Michael Foster and Chia Lim. Jehan Pasangha, Mevani Jagodage and Nicolas Massie are campaigning for Deputy President (Welfare) and only Monya Zard is standing for Deputy President (Clubs and Societies)

The highly coveted position of Felix Editor has three candidates – Matthew Colvin, Alexander Karapetian and Indy Leclerq.

The four places for Student Trustees, who sit on the Union’ s Trustee Board without taking a year out of their studies has generated a lot of interest with Abdul Patel, Dominic Andradi-Brown, Eugene Chang, Joseph Rumer, Kandeeban Gopalakrishnan, Miles Robertson, Muhammad Khas, Nathaniel Bottrell and Ravi Pall all standing.

So when can you start voting? Voting opens on Wednesday 9th March at 00:01 and closes on Saturday 12th March at 23:59. All voting will take place online, where you will also find the candidates’ manifestos to help you decide. The candidates’ manifestos will also be published in this Friday’s Felix. Make sure your vote counts, by making sure you vote!