The memorable scenes of Brad Pitt licking peanut butter off a spoon in Meet Joe Black is exactly how I’d like to imagine the grim reaper. Suave, suited and darn right fit.

It’s not Brad I wanted to talk about really, though, it’s the love of peanut butter. The legume delight.

Peanut butter ice cream, as I discovered this week is a heaven-sent tastebud delight. Spuntino, hidden behind panel windows and a wooden sign that screams renovation more than a tapas bar, has been a food blogging sensation for the past two months. Opening in March, and affiliated with its more sophisticated Venetian bars, Polpo and Polpetto, it offers simple Italian-American comfort food such as ‘Mac and Cheese’ and the not-so-tiny ‘Slider’ burgers. That’s just a detour, though, of what I really wanted to share with you. The ‘Peanut Butter and Jelly’ is fast becoming Spuntino’s trademark dessert, boasting a decent-sized sandwich of the smoothest peanut butter ice cream with flavours at full whack, and a filling that verges between a jam or syrup of some kind with a hint of raspberry sourness. Peanut butter love to the max! I say, if it’s the grim reaper’s choice of food, it’s good enough for me.

It feels like a terribly apt moment to go get myself a peanut butter Ben’s Cookie now to sort this PB love out. Yes, we’re on initial terms. PB and I. That, or a peanut butter milkshake at Ed’s Diner (which make the best, creamiest, heart-attack-inducing milkshake, end of)… Oh, the choices.

If you’re feeling the love, check these out:

Spuntino 61 Rupert St, London W1D 7PW. Ed’s Diner Unit 34b London Trocadero, 19 Rupert St, London W1D 7PA.

Peanut Butter Man Meet Joe Blackat MOVIECLIPS.com