GIRLS: Bin those Uggs

Understandably, after seasons of toe-crunching towering stilettos, the female population are seeking out more practical and cosy footwear. Yet regardless of how appealing a shearling lined boot may sound, we must remember and endeavour to live through the famous quote: ‘no pain, no gain’. Now girls, that is not to say that we should start sacrificing our feet every day, but it really is time to ditch those monstrosities, better known as Ugg Boots. Even the name of these clumpy sheepskin clad slippers gives off a repulsive sound – so throw them to the landfill where they belong and instead invest in a good pair of leather boots. Not only will these keep your feet warm, but they’ll also keep them dry – without the use of ‘care kits’.

Break the bank and bag a pair of elegant leg extending Rick Owens wedge boots or opt for a less demanding pair of ankle boots from Office. With so many choices out there that eliminate ‘fat calf syndrome’ and guarantee you walk upright (as opposed to on the side of your Ugg), this resolution will not only improve your posture but will also help you give off a more sophisticated look.

Rick Owens wedge boots 

Rick Owens wedge boots 

Rick Owens wedge boots 

GUYS: T under V is never good

Should you be reading this issue of Felix prior to catching sight of your own reflection for the first time today, fear not because the t-shirt under the v-neck is a fashion pit that Justin Timberlake, Gordon Ramsay and even Brad Pitt have fallen into. However, lets make this clear once and for all, a round neck protruding inconspicuously from under a sharp V, especially in clashing colours, is identical to hanging a sign around one’s neck reading “I blindly picked what I’m wearing off my floor this morning” – also known as a big red warning sign to your female counterparts regarding your sense of style.

Now boys, your mother did not buy you v-neck sweaters in a desperate attempt to wean you out of your hoodies and band-ts just to see their efforts ruined by such carelessness. Instead, make the conscious decision (preferably starting as soon as possible) to match a smart shirt with your v-neck. Should this look be too formal for you, a casual shirt is a wardrobe staple for the modern man and with the high street offering such a plethora of styles and patterns; you really are spoilt for choice.

Justin gets it wrong 

Justin gets it wrong 

Justin gets it wrong 

GIRLS: VPLs no more

The return of the 70s has landed with us recently in the form of glitter and gold, yet not all the looks from the decade are ones to copy, and topping the list are the unsightly sight of VPLs – most commonly seen under excessively tight lower wear.

Leggings/jeggings/treggings, regardless of what you call them, undeniably have their uses – thicker than tights, and with the ability to sit perfectly under long tops without the need of shorts. However, the unfortunate fact is, too many have been ignoring the word ‘long’ prior to ‘top’, resulting in what can only be described as flashing the world a disturbing peek down where-the-sun-don’t-shine.

So should your backside be perfectly pert, I am by no means preventing you from giving the male population their eye candy, but for those wishing to keep their dignity having indulged somewhat more humanly over the break on comfort food instead of trips to the gym, opt to dress with a lengthy shimmering top à la Kate Moss in vintage Chanel or perhaps throw on a pair of treggings under this season’s favourite large jumper for an overall cosier effect as seen on Rumi Neely.

GUYS: Roll long sleeves, burn short sleeves

Referring to formal short-sleeved shirts as opposed to the standard t-shirt, this section is the start of an attempt to ban the wearing of such items. If you are not yet aware of the risks of wearing such pieces – they hang on even the hunkiest of men in the most unflattering manner, then perhaps it is time you cleared out your wardrobe out and indulged in what women call ‘retail therapy’.

Burn...

Burn...

Burn...

The hatred towards these shirts arises because not only are they cut out in the shape of square for some mysterious reason meaning that wearers are expected to be as wide as they are tall, but they also posses the most ridiculous loose flappy sleeves. Not quite as short as on a t-shirt but most definitely not full length, these sleeves hobble somewhat uncertainly around the elbow so that even the most gym-loving biceps seem somewhat lanky and lacking in substance.

Make a new resolution for life to avoid such items and instead opt for rolling up the sleeves on your long sleeved shirt in warmer conditions. Not only will you be able to show off how miraculously athletic you’re destined to become, your future office reputation will benefit too.