IC 3s triumphed in the first game of what was a busy week of fixtures, outplaying LSE 4s in an open and fast paced encounter. After an end-to-end first few minutes, IC soon asserted their authority and quickly raced to a 5-0 lead.

Despite a sublime goal from the very edge of the D by LSE’s Goal Shooter, Imperial’s spirit was undiminished and 5 further goals closed the quarter at 10-1. Imperial continued their dominating streak in the second quarter with shooters Piening and Bachelor showing deadly accuracy in front of goal. LSE tried to find an opening but were unable to break the fluidity of IC’s play. With stylish passing that wouldn’t have been out of place at The Nou Camp, the home side were sitting comfortably at half time, leading 23-1.

To their credit, LSE continued to battle on after the break and were rewarded with a few second half goals, although it did little to close the sizeable gap. Despite their best attempts to salvage the game, the IC shooters were always able to find an extra half yard when it mattered, resulting in a well-deserved 39-5 victory for Imperial.

Unfortunately Imperial 4s didn’t enjoy similar success in their match against St. George’s 4s. There were few chances to steal in the early stages of the game, with the ball stuck in the centre of court for much of the first quarter. At the first break the score line was low; just 3-3, a testament to the disciplined, resilient play by both sides. Archer’s impressive interceptions won her player of the match and the first half closed with both sides very much still in the game. But it was in the second half that St George’s pulled away; most of the away goals were scored in the fourth quarter and the final scoreboard read 22-8 to St Georges; by no means an accurate reflection of the game.