You have finished lectures, you have just returned home and you are starving. The worst thing is that you’re sick of eating fast food, but you don’t have that much experience with cooking.

Relax, this article is dedicated to you! There are a lot of simple recipes, even for those of you who have little time to go to the supermarket and prepare your meals. And the most important thing is that these recipes have a low budget and will save you a significant amount of money if you make them often.

Remember, the secret of success in cooking is to be creative, so let’s get our hands dirty and try the following dishes. I call the first one the “Easy Choice”. The usual ingredients are some tomato sauce, an onion, a tomato, some parsley, a lemon, pita bread and as much mince as you like. Cheap and common ingredients, nothing too complicated.

The preparation of the meal is quick and very simple. Chop the vegetables, fry them for a few minutes in olive oil, add the mince and any herbs that you like (salt, pepper, paprika, cumin etc) and fry until the meat is cooked.

Then add the tomato sauce and wait until it is absorbed by the meat. At the end, add some parsley and lemon and enjoy this delicious mixture in a pitta bread, as shown in the picture. You may find this recipe very helpful if you have some meat left in the fridge, or if you have small portions of various different meat and vegetables that you don’t know how to combine.

The second recipe has as prerequisites a few potatoes, one or two tomatoes and an egg. Cut the potatoes into small pieces and fry them. Remove the oil from the pan, chop the tomatoes into small pieces and add them to the pan with the potatoes.

Finally, add the egg and wait until you get an even mixture (this should take only a few minutes). Add some salt and pepper, and your meal is ready! See? Cooking is easier than you think. Just give it a try, let your creativity shine and remember that practice makes perfect.