Listen to the playlist here: http://spoti.fi/FelixRevision

_Nine _weeks until final year exams; boom, let’s get down to revision. Samiyam, play me in with ‘Cushion’ – the bass means business, my new pen and ‘revision folder’ mean business too.

That’s how revision plans start: with vigour. But things calm down pretty quick. ‘Terrapin’, from Bonobo’s debut album, and Gold Panda’s attention-grabbing remix, ‘Before Tigers’ are emblematic of how quickly determination turns to oblivious relaxation.

Six weeks until final year exams; the whistle from Kool and the Gang’s ‘Funky Stuff’ gets you back in gear. Hell, you’ve even got this new spot in the library where you actually slip a few minutes of focus into those long meaningless, unproductive hours. A couple of tracks down the line you’ve got ‘Camel’ by Flying Lotus, a mesmerizing, metronomic aid to study that might even trump ProPlus…

Four weeks until final year exams; fuck, it’s sunny outside. ‘Ivy & Gold’ by Bombay Bicycle Club is the sound of your douchebag art school friends ‘preparing’ for their crits in Regent’s Park; ‘The Look’ by Metronomy is your mother calling you to tell you how hot it is in Brighton, “you should come down for the weekend…”; ‘Husks and Shells’ by Volcano Choir? Sleep can’t come quick enough at the end of the day.

Two weeks until final year exams; fuuuuuuuuuck. It’s time to get serious. Sunlight ceases to be a part of your life. The library starts to feel like the cold streets of New York, with just as many crazies too. ‘NY Is Killing Me’ by Gil Scott-Heron and Jamie xx starts to sound like it’s coming out of your heart not your headphones. ‘My People… Hold On’ by Eddie Kendricks begins to sound like your eulogy, and ‘All My Friends’ by LCD Soundsystem, well I hope I don’t have to explain.

One week until final year exams; the calm before the shit hits the jet engine. You’ve fallen into a serene daily rhythym, which either means you’re kind of ready for your exams, or your soul has bailed and run off with some Mexican chick with tattoos, piercings, and the cool eyes of a girl who couldn’t give a fuck about your parents’ expectations. This is the final stretch of the playlist.

One day until final year exams; ‘STRESS’ – Justice.

The day exams finish. The summer is here. Quit working and cool out with ‘Quitters Raga’ by the unimpeachable Gold Panda.

This is my last column until June; try not to cheer too loudly. Thanks to David Trevelyan and Sophie Baker for contributing to the playlist; sorry I didn’t include your suggestions, Michele Tonutti. Tweet me @kadhimshubber about music and I’ll tweet back x