The Nanyang Technological University’s (NTU) Renaissance Engineering Programme (REP) picks the top 50 engineering students that are trained to be the “Engineering Leaders of Tomorrow”. Last week, Imperial signed a contract with NTU agreeing to partake in this scheme. The REP students study: engineering, science, technology, business, economics, and entrepreneurship for four and a half years. They graduate with a Bachelors in Engineering and a Masters in Technology Management. Pupils then spend a year in an international university. Imperial will be hosting 20 REP students in 2014 in a variety of engineering departments. Professor Debra Humphris, Vice Provost (Education), commented that: “Imperial and NTU are natural partners. NTU already hosts Imperial’s most important international collaboration, LKCMedicine, and the potential for further connections in engineering education is really exciting. Imperial is honoured to join such a prestigious scheme. NTU’s Renaissance Engineering programme will only strengthen Imperial’s already world-class student body in engineering.” The Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, Professor Jeff Magee stated: “Engineering has a vital role to play in addressing many of today’s most important challenges, and we must inspire and harness global talent to develop the next generation of engineering leaders. NTU’s Renaissance Engineering Programme aims to do just that and we at Imperial are very pleased to be able to contribute to the education of the students.” Freddy Boey, the NTU Provost Professor, said: “We believe in training our brightest minds to be leaders and engineers of the highest calibre, with not just in-depth knowledge in a specific field, but also a huge breath of knowledge that will enable them to lead interdisciplinary teams to solve complex problems faced by the world today. One of the ways can we do that is to by sending our top students overseas, to be exposed to and inspired by other brilliant young minds from different cultures, nationalities and disciplines. We are also very pleased to continue strengthening NTU’s strong relationship with Imperial College London through this tie-up, which will bring a new dimension to learning and exposure for our students with their excellent curriculum and their vast and illustrious network of alumni worldwide.”