Upon a day in springtime warming outside birds and bees were swarming, I recalled, with passion forming, sunny days of springs of yore Days of sunny spring enticing, days of song and dance comprising but, alas!, I was revising things I should have learnt before “Stop wasting time”, I reprimanded, “reminiscing lo’ers your score. Only that, and nothing more”

Settling down to solve the paper, my resolve began to taper My inner self became a vapour, drifting to some distant shore From the dreamer’s lofty station, I surveyed the whole Creation But I knew my concentration had been broken at its core My ignorance seemed overpowering, and exams were at the door “Why did I not read before?”

And as such the days went flying, nothing learnt and slowly dying Tied down by the shackles of the not-quite-studying I deplore Mere mortals would with great sensation gawp at my procrastination Witnessing the daft deflation of the knowledge I could store When exams were over I received the e-mail I abhore “Weak 2:2 and nothing more”

As I did my awful reading, I could see my life proceeding into joblessness and needing, what were these last four years for? I heartfeltedly regretted: “Now I’m heavily indebted, and my life is nearly wasted if I can’t improve my score” I would go and see my tutor, throw myself upon his floor It’s not much I’m asking for

Shutting down the school computer, shaking like a nervous suitor I went to ask my personal tutor if he could my grades restore Almost prostrate there before him, I heartshakingly implored him “I was stupid, wasting time, I know I could do so much more Would you let me resit this exam to get a better score?” Qouth the tutor “Nevermore”

I explained that I had faltered, if I could have anything altered I would have gone back in time and made it so I studied more “Everything we’ve studied, tested in two weeks, with so much vested is it strange that I was bested by the pressure and the chore? Will I ever have a job where I won’t have to sweep the floor?” Quoth the tutor “Nevermore”