Style. It’s different to fashion. Fashion suggests something fleeting, with trends that slip by like wind. Style, in contrast, is much more constant. It evokes a timeless ideal of chic-ness, a trend that will never go out of style; in other words, a classic.

This week’s issue is devoted to Style, and is the first of our ‘Themed Issues’ which will be running throughout this term. We start off with a look at Debbie Harry, who epitomises style in a new exhibition of photos at Somerset House. We then move swiftly on to The Photographer’s Gallery, whose hallowed halls play host to two fashion photographers from opposing ends of the century: Edward Steichen, the high priest of modernist fashion, and Viviene Sassen, whose confrontational photos challenge traditional ideas of photography.

Fashion is the next target in our sights, as we explore the links between clothing and power at the Design Museum’s latest show, and analyse the long-standing relationship between art and fashion.

Of course, the theme is not the be all and end all. We also have a number of other reviews of what is going on in London. If you’re into art, check out Kieran’s review of the Sigmar Polke, or Elizaveta’s analysis of Egon Schiele’s nudes. If theatre is more your thing, then you can choose from Max’s royal review of Charles III, Jingjie’s take on ‘Tis Pity She’s A Whore, or or Mario’s short and sweet piece on The Cherry Orchard.

Here’s to a stylish week…