Imperial’s new global MBA course launched, which will make its teaching available to the world. Imperial Global MBA is a part-time online programme that teaches key business information via distance learning, so the student doesn’t need to be present in classes for most of the programme. The new course was created due to high demand from around the world. An online learning platform called The Hub has been created by the Business school to host the new programme. Students can use The Hub to interact with each other and their tutors during lectures and via forums. The Dean of Imperial Business school, Professor Anandalingham said: “Online learning has experienced a real surge in popularity over the last few years. This is because significant advancements in technology have allowed people to effectively learn and study without having to set foot in the lecture theatre. Through our innovative software, students will get a cutting-edge online learning experience that will make them feel that they are on campus. They will have the chance to really get to know one another and feel part of Imperial’s community despite being spread across the world.” The classes for this course will begin in January 2015 and applications for new students are currently being accepted.