Another sports club tour has resulted in a broken coach window, with the club now currently suspended as a result.

The incident happened on the mixed Medics Boat Club tour to Leuven, Belgium, last weekend, as the coach was waiting at Dover to board the ferry. The coach was not in motion, and as we understand no students were hurt.

The low quality CCTV shows a member of the party falling against a window, and they either broke the window as they fell or they may have used an emergency hammer. It is believed that the person responsible is a qualified doctor.

Felix understands that the coach also required valeting as, allegedly, 25 bottles of port were recovered from the floor of the vehicle, eight seats were covered with vomit and three condoms were found down the side of some of the seats.

Sources also have said that during the journey many students were out of their seats, which may have increased the risk of a student falling against a window in the first place.

Felix has also been told that the total damages amount to £3,075, which the company are currently pursuing through Imperial College Union. This includes the cost to repair the window, valet the coaches and also the loss of earnings after having to take the coaches off the road to be cleaned properly.

The club were suspended on Monday (yesterday), and were told in a club email that they are banned from any sort of training and social activities until “they are told otherwise.” They have been advised to not wear any kit with their logos or branding on them, and refrain from posting on social media in regards to the tour. They have also been told not to “discuss what happened with anyone not involved.”

Another email, sent to the mailing list shortly after, advised students not to attend a suggested party after the tour, and also thanked students who helped to clean up the coaches after the journey.

This year’s tour to Leuven, Belgium, known as the 10+1 Tour since it is now in its eleventh year, was organised last term, and both students and doctors who had recently graduated were in attendance. The tour consisted of 100 students, spread across two coaches, and each coach ticket cost £55 per student, with the club paying £5,250 in total to book the coaches and the ferry trip.

The students left Hammersmith at 11pm Friday night en route to Dover to catch a ferry. However the coach company had to send another vehicle to Dover at about 2am to take the stranded students to Leuven, after their previous vehicle was rendered unsafe due to the broken window.

They arrived in Leuven around 1pm on Saturday, remained overnight in a hotel then returned Sunday evening. The coach arrived back in Hammersmith at 9.15 pm.

The coach company had previously told the students it was permitted to drink on the vehicle.

Tom Wheeler, Imperial College Union President, when asked for a statement on the matter, told Felix: “During a 48-hour Medics Boat Club Tour to Belgium, damage was caused to the rear window of a Coach. The damage was caused by an alumnus of the College. It is believed that the window became damaged following contact with the member’s body. The Club has been suspended pending a Union investigation.”

Dariush Hassanzadeh-Baboli, the President of Imperial College School of Medicine, told Felix: “The incident that occurred recently is not being taken lightly by ICSMSU. We are currently investigating the incident in order to get a full picture. ICSMSU Boat have been co-operating fully since the incident was reported.”

The club declined to comment on the incident.

This comes only months after the Imperial Medicals Rugby team smashed a coach window last term whilst on tour too, that time to Bristol. The team was also suspended as a result.

Note: This article has been edited to add in Dariush’s statement on the matter, and redact any direct quotes made by the coach company on their request.