Corsica Studios

Ranked an impressive 2nd on Resident Advisor’s list of top London clubs, it boasts impressive soundsystems and a friendly vibe,

conveniently situated only a couple of minutes walk from Elephant and Castle station. Run as a not-for-profit, it is an enterprise in sustaining arts and culture in London. With its wide range of acts including live music in one studio and top-billing DJs in the other, you’ll find you just keep coming back for more.

Ministry of Sound

This behemoth of everything dance music has been a flagship of London nightlife since way back in 1991. Also very close to Elephant and Castle station, it has been the cause of drunken night bus journeys home for generations of Imperial freshers. Make sure to return for one of its many incredible listings!

Phonox

Taking us further South of the river - it’s worth it, trust me - Phonox occupies the space previously held by Brixton favourite Plan B. This relatively new addition to the scene pulls in the crowds. Recently launching their Sunday night sessions with the likes of Gilles Peterson and Daniel Avery, they keep the format refreshing. Fridays see a regular lineup of heavyweights, this venue more than makes up for the journey.

CLF Art Cafe

Our last entry in South London, this multi-purpose arts venue is located in the imposing industrial architecture of the former warehouse Bussey Building, Peckham. It never fails to deliver. Three stories, each with its own dance floor and unique selectors. The vibes vary greatly on each floor and each day of the weekend, blasting disco, soul, house and techno.

Phil Richards

XOYO

Student favourite XOYO has earned its reputation through consistently putting on fantastic nights. Situated in Shoreditch, this reknowned nightclub provides for more than just hipsters. Its large floors normally play contrasting music on club nights, giving something for everyone to enjoy.

Studio Spaces

Stark photographic studio by day, when the sun goes down this space becomes a go to destination for a series of frequently sold out events. A bespoke Function soundsystem fully satisfies in this large warehouse space. A few minutes from Shadwell station, this furthers our exploration of East London’s nightlife.

The Nest

Opened in 2010, this Dalston club is now a stalwart of the London nightlife scene. A capacity of 350 still draws in big-hitters from across the underground electronic scene. A favourite with locals, the focus is always firmly on the music. The long, narrow format of the club means you can really find a spot to dance and lose yourself in the moment.

Oval Space

Stunningly beautiful, a wall of windows gives venue-goers a view of the decomissioned gasworks of Bethnal Green. You’ll never forget your nights out here, with listings ranging from live music to giants of electronic dance music. Everyone should visit at least once.

Oval Space