CCTV of a violent mugging that took place last month near Gloucester Road has been released by the Metropolitan Police, in the hopes that the perpetrators will be found.

The attack, which took place on Cornwall Gardens, under ten minutes walk away from campus, involved a pair of muggers attacking a man from behind and wrestling his belongings from him in the process.

It occured at 9:30pm on Saturday the 30th of January.

The first attacker grabbed the man from behind in a chokehold, before his accomplice stole the man’s phone and wallet from his pocket in the ensuing struggle.

The assailants then dragged the man to the ground before fleeing into the night. Police said the victim was “very shaken” but unharmed by the experience. The men, described as white and aged 25 to 35 were wearing dark clothes, one of which having dark hair and one sporting a black cap.

The road is used often by students who are commuting towards Earls Court, and some College departments have sent reminders to their students warning them to be extra vigilant on their travels too and from college, especially late at night.

Anyone with any information is urged to contact Kensington and Chelsea CID on 020 8246 0189.

The video can be viewed here: https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/704610846681346048?lang=en-gb