And so, we’ve come to the end, just as every brilliant film must do. My year as Film Editor has provided me with the extreme privilege of seeing first-hand some of the amazing, insightful writing we students are capable of. Over the last 28 issues, we’ve had numerous contributors, who have all produced absolutely incredible work. In no particular order, I would like to thank our writers: Tom Stephens, Ben Collier, Meryl Anil, Thomas Carroll, Diego Aparicio, Alex Heib, Cale Tilford, Arnold Duralliu, Max Lewis-Clarke, Ioanna Morianou, Jonathan Masters, and Diogo Miguel Geraldes – you guys have all made my job worth-while, and I thank you from the bottom of my chilly celluloid heart.

Over the last year we’ve reviewed 85 films (really, I’ve counted!), from the incredible (Carol, The Witch, Youth, and Anomalisa are all worth a mention) to the awful (here’s looking at you Gaspar Noé). A common topic in film journalism is whether or not we are currently experiencing a ‘golden age’ of cinema; I would just like to say that there are so many amazing films being made right now – from shorts to features, from dramedy to documentary, from the UK to the Philippines – that there has never been a better time to be a lover of film. In a city like London, with the BFI and ICA right on your doorstep, there is no excuse for not getting involved.

This is the last piece I will be writing in this year’s FELIX, but we will be returning, inevitably, in the new academic year (although we will be losing our amazeballs Editor-In-Chief Grace Rahman, who is moving on to join the Press Association and the wild world of professional journalism). And, we will be looking for a couple of new Film Editors to join the team! As well as getting to work alongside a great team of writers, copyeditors, and section editors, you will get the opportunity to go along to press screenings, drink some of that free wine, and develop your love of film. If you’re interested, or you’ve got any questions at all, then please send along an email to [email protected] – we’re waiting to hear from you.