The Floating World, by C. Morgan Babst (October 17th)

Normally I don’t find this kind of books fascinating – I sometimes add them to my to-be-read (TBR) list, but they just stay there forever. However, this book has something… probably the parents who abandon their daughter in the middle of a hurricane, the undertone of racism, the tragedy that is actually unavoidable.

The Floating World claims to be a book about grief, but in the same time, about so much more and, honestly, the reason this is on my TBR list is the mysteries behind Cora who, in the description, seems to be a magical creature who has more power of destruction in her family than the hurricane itself.

Artemis, by Andy Weir (November 14th)

Ok, maybe there are too many books on this list that are just new publications from authors I’ve read and loved, but do you remember The Martian? Andy Weir is great when it comes to setting situations in space – so great that you start wondering when did whatever-he-is-talking-about happen because you missed the news. So, yes, I expect Artemis – the first and only city on the moon – to be a very realistic location that will make me start saving money for my first holiday there, even if it isn’t the best place if you are not eccentrically rich, apparently. Yes, some bits of it sound like a cliché, but I hope it will live to the expectations.

The Book of Dust – Volume One La Belle Sauvage, by Philip Pullman (October 19th)

We all grew up with His Dark Materials and we loved them – or at least, I did. I know that some people might claim that it’s time to grow up and move over children’s fiction, but, oh, you must admit that Pullman’s books are so much more than ‘for children’.

I must admit that I wasn’t expecting him to come out with another book set in this universe, but now I cannot wait to get my hands on it – ASAP, please! I mean, a book about Lyra, claiming to explore more about the Dust (for those of you who don’t remember: elementary particle that connect humans to their daemon – you should learn more about it in chemistry lectures!) Oh, and if you wonder, La Belle Sauvage is the name of a boat which increases this story’s potential by at least three times.

The White Book, by Han Kang (November 2nd)

The Vegetarian was quite a sensation last year, wasn’t it? I think everyone was talking about it at some point and now, there’s time for another Han Kang book. If I am to be honest, The Vegetarian was not the best book in the world, but it was quite interesting and the way Kang tells the story is quite catchy. However, the real reason you should look out for this book has nothing to do with previous publications, but with its topic. This book tells the story of an older sister that never actually lived, as she died soon after birth. I mean, from the short description I’ve read, this book has a lot of potential. A lot!