Three weeks in and I have nearly had it. Don’t get me wrong, editing a major cough newspaper is fun but it is exhausting. On Wednesday, I got an email from the printers at 19:51, ten minutes before leaving the office which wrote: “Hi Lef, If you run into trouble tonight pls call my home number on xxxx xxx xxxx. We can take files up to around midnight so not a huge problem if you are a bit late with the files. Best, John”

And even though I greatly appreciate the gesture, we don’t print until Thursday. So I almost had a heart attack thinking I’d mixed up the days in my head. And then I had to call the printer’s home and his wife picked up and that was awkward in itself.

Then there’s all the Brexit stuff. A constant onslaught of demoralising, frightening developments. When I was doing my hand over, Grace Rahman (former Editor-in-chief) said something along the lines of: “You’re so lucky! There’s gonna be so much Brexit news!” Well she was right. There is loads of it, but I don’t know if I consider myself lucky. I mean, by the time you read this, there’s probably going to be a shortage of Ben & Jerry’s, and where does that even leave us? So I’m going to end this editorial with another email I got on Wednesday.

Hi, I fed my cat one of your felix tonight as I normally do. Tonight for some reason he suddenly stopped and started to touch his mouth with his paw at first I thought he was choking. After inspecting his mouth something has cut him just above his tooth and his tooth is now wobbling.

He is clearly in pain and in discomfort. I can not prove that there was something in the cat food as I did not see anything, however there was something in it for this to happen. I know there is nothing you can do and will possibly say that there was nothing in the cat food for this to happen, however I just wanted to bring it to your attention as I know some times errors can happen I would not be able to sleep at night if this hurt another cat. My cat loves felix and I can not feed him anything else.

You’re welcome.