Are you in a band? Want to get more exposure? ICRadio has started streaming bands live from the Jazz and Rock room in the West Basement from 8pm to 9pm on Thursdays, and we’re looking for bands to come on and play! The IC sessions are a great opportunity for your band to get some exposure, as well as the practice gigs without the pressure of an audience in front of you. We don’t discriminate on genres, so whether you play metal, funk, jazz, pop, covers or original material we’ll be happy to have you on. We’ve had four shows so far and it’s great fun for both the band and for us, the presenters and sound engineers.

Want to record some songs? We can now record your band (for free!) and either give you the multi-track for you to mix and master yourself, or we can do it ourselves for a fee. This is done based on when our sound engineers have time – we are still Imperial students after all!

Not in a band? You can still get involved! We’re looking for people who are interested in sound engineering and want to learn how to record and stream bands or even how to mix and master tracks in a post production environment. If you’ve been to the West Basement, you’ll have seen all the shiny kit we have, which too few people know how to use, sadly. That’s why we’re looking for anyone with any sound experience or who is just very eager to learn to get involved.

Just want to do a normal radio show? Go for it! While getting shows at other student radios can be difficult, at ICRadio its really easy – just ask and we’ll give you a slot. We don’t place any restrictions on what you do on air (other than no swearing), meaning you are free to do whatever you want and talk about any subject that takes your fancy. Of course, you’re still streaming live on the internet (and all shows are recorded), so be sensible!

Interested in IT? We’re currently looking for people interested in becoming our next IT manager. Exactly how we stream Radio and schedule shows involves a decent amount of black magic which is absolutely essential to our society functioning, so if you want to get some practical experience with web pages, server maintenance, or Linux audio let us know!

ICRadio is a really fun society to get involved with, so don’t hesitate to do so. If you’re not that interested (a concept I find hard to fathom), you can always listen to us at icradio.com.

For requests to play live on the radio, email [email protected] with the subject ‘IC Sessions’. If you want to get involved with production or want to record some songs, email [email protected]. If you want to start your own show, email [email protected] for training and then talk to [email protected] to get your weekly show slot. Prospective IT managers email [email protected].