Imperial College’s Ultimate Team, disc Doctors, had a busy October full of tournaments and socials. Just in the first month of term we sent beginner teams to 3 different tournaments across England in: London, Brighton, and Norwich. In addition, one of the tournaments, “Skyde Park” was hosted by Imperial College Ultimate themselves and it was deemed a huge success by the club and various other teams participating. Here is the down low on the results of our past few tournaments:

Skyde Park: Skyde Park was a beginners tournament held on October 13th and was hosted by Imperial College Ultimate. The event had over 180 participants with 18 teams from 11 different universities and clubs across London. Imperial sent 3 solely beginner teams and one team with beginners and alumni. Many of the freshers who participated appreciated the event and the chance to experience tournament style play in a more sheltered and inclusive environment that was focused on development. The tournament was held outside on a nice sunny day and concluded with the teams eating hot curry in the evening!

SICKO: On the weekend of the 20th to the 21st of October the disc Doctors also participated in a fun indoors tournament called SICKO. The disc Doctors sent three teams: a women’s team, a men’s team, and a mixed beginners team. The women did very well and placed third overall in their division. The men’s and beginner’s placed 13th in their respective divisions. In addition to our beginners playing amazingly, our beginners team won first in spirit, which is what really matters!

Mixed Indoor Regionals: On the weekend of the 27th to 28th of October the disc Doctors sent three teams to Mixed Indoor Regionals in Norwich. The first team came 4th, qualifying for division 2 nationals! The second and third team placed 11th and 12th respectively and really grew as teams. In the final standings all three teams also placed top 5 in spirit!

Stay tuned for the results of Men’s Indoor Regionals, Women’s Indoor Regionals, and Mixed Indoor Nationals coming up in the next three weeks!