The WE Innovate program, a part of the Imperial Enterprise Lab, will be hosting its Final Showcase next Thursday, March 7th, from 18.20 – 21.00 in the City & Guilds Building. WE Innovate is Imperial’s flagship female entrepreneurship education program and, since its inception, 253 women have taken part, 34 ventures have been incorporated, £3.2 million of funding has been raised, and 17 external awards have been won by the participants.

The program is open to female students from all levels and faculties. Participants take part in a six-month program that includes a series of masterclasses covering pitching and customer discovery, talks by business leaders, networking opportunities with investors, and one-to-one mentoring. At the Final Showcase, five finalists will pitch to a panel of expert judges to win one of three prizes.

The three winners win a share of the £30,000 prize fund, that they can use to kick-start their projects. The judges, experts in entrepreneurship, academics, and industry, make their decision based on each finalist’s five-minute pitch and five-minute Q&A session.

WE Innovate is part of Enterprise Month, which includes showcases, competitions and exhibitions. Other events in Enterprise Month are the Venture Catalyst Challenge finals and the Schools Science Competition Final, aimed at secondary school students.