For the third time in six months, Imperial departments have failed to pay students who work for them on a part time basis on time. Students working on all day workshops around the pay date were informally told that they may have not be paid on time, and that it was their responsibility to follow it up with upper management. Imperial Outreach, the department responsible for science communication and outreach programs, was largely affected, but have yet to put out any official information informing students they may yet to be paid and what to do about it.

This comes at a bad time for the Outreach department, whom have been struggling to recruit more students to work in the new Outreach space on the new White City Campus. Students working for Outreach, known as casual-pay workers, often rely on their wages to pay bills and rent. One student, who was owed over £300 for work in January and February, told Felix that they had to rely on their life savings to get by that month. Students were also payed late just before Christmas, and in October.

Imperial Outreach departments run summer schools for London secondary school students. It relies on about 100 Imperial students each summer. Both students and staff were paid late and the wrong amounts in October, for work conducted over the 3 summer months. Some individuals were missing over £1,000, causing stress and financial problems. With rent and bills increasing faster than student loans in London, it is unacceptable for Imperial to pay students and staff late.