So you’ve come to London, rents are high, a pint costs £500 and you basically can’t step out of the house without breaking the bank. But it’s all worth it right? London is a city of endless possibilities with a very vibrant arts and theatre scene… But where to start?

That’s where I come in. My name is Eamon, and I am one of the Arts Editors this year ready to deliver some great content for you! I am currently in my third year and spend most of my time enjoying the food, music and theatre that London has to offer. In my free time, I study Materials Science and Engineering, but this is definitely a part-time hobby.

The Arts section is here to help guide you through the most exciting exhibitions, the most marvellous musicals and the most titillating theatres. With reviews of shows happening on your doorstep every week as well as tips and tricks to get cheap tickets, you will become a regular reader in no time! Take some time out during freshers and try to go and visit at least one museum, there may even be a couple right next door to college. Luckily, unlike the £10 entry to Ministry, these museums are free and won’t leave you with dread and regret!

Whether you’ve ever engaged with the arts scene in your hometown or not, now is the time to get involved and find out what you like. Is strolling through the Tate modern, looking at some inexplicable sculptures what gets you going? Do you prefer watching a Wicked green witch fly across the West End sky ? Maybe you even enjoy the sights and sounds at an opera… in Chinese! London has it all.

I wasn’t necessarily a connoisseur of fine arts and theatre before coming to university but now I’m hooked. I’ve been to loads since moving here. Some have been amazing, some a little weird, but they have all been enjoyable in their own unique way. Personally, I enjoy art that really pushes me out of my comfort zone. The kind of play, musical or exhibition that leaves you thinking about it and reading around it for weeks to come. Although this all sounds a little highbrow, fear not, my absolute favourite musical is definitely Wicked. Although some might not see it as the most intellectually stimulating piece of art, it always puts a smile on my face!

I really hope you enjoy our freshers articles this week and keep coming back for more. We are going to work our hardest to be your one-stop resource for all things arts in London!