What a wonderful experience today was, Saturday 16th November 2019. Coming back from the national’s competition , the feeling that is in my heart is happiness! Before I even begin to describe my first synchronised swimming competition with Imperial College London, I would like to thank a few people that made it happen. Firstly, Juliette, Greta and Marine members of the society that put their hearts in it and we all had the chance to try it out and secondly the volunteers on the day for giving up their Saturday to be with us.

So, my first synchronised swimming competition with Imperial was insane! Something that I will never forget with people that made it extraordinary. It is said that what matters the most is not the destination but the journey you did to get there. Well, it is completely true. We didn’t get the chance to win a medal (this time :D), but the hours spent in the pool practising and the land trainings to count the choreography made our journey to the national’s amazing. I only joined at the beginning of the year, but we spent so much time together, from laughing at our first try and debating to find out the right count of the choreography. On the day of the competition the team spirit and empowerment of each other were so strong. I loved every moment of this experience and seeing the breath-taking performances of the winning teams, duets and solos was very inspiring!