Incredibly Cool. Obviously that’s what IC really stands for

Credit: IC Synchronised Swimming

Everything started five years ago with a Felix article to recruit members. The founding member Danai Balfoussia now admits “Come to think of it, I could have made it sound a bit more exciting!” Exciting or not the Imperial College first synchro team (and currently the only one in the UK) started training in Ethos with only five members. The club trained there for two years and were later later exiled to St. Marys for the rest of their life. Sigh…

The club has enjoyed high and struggled through low times such as making it out of dormancy last year with a record of 23 members, only to be beaten by this year’s 29 members. Some of the founding members of the club are still members today. This year has been a record for first times: the first two male members, the first competition in France in May 2012 and the first custom made swimming suits, with the year not finishing yet!

As a [very cool] Olympic sport synchronised swimming will be featured in the London 2012 Olympics, and despite the club not getting any tickets for the main event they will be attending the London Prepares Series Test Event to be held in the Olympic Aquatics Centre in April. What a better way to start getting in the team ‘GB’ spirit?

I encourage everybody to come and try this amazing sport; it is never too late to join! For more information email us at [email protected].