Pandco Ltd. began life with a simple idea; they wanted to change the world of gaming. And after that idea turned out to be insane, they decided to try and make a pretty good iPhone game instead.

Pandco was formed last summer because my brother had too much time on his hands, no internship, and felt that forming his own limited company would be more productive than recompleting Final Fantasy VII. The jury is still out on whether he was right, but the result is that the world now has an awesome new iPhone app called Hard Hats.

The basic idea of the game is that crazy floating balls have taken control of your construction yard. We were never quite sure what led them to this decision, but we do know that you have a strong desire to get your construction yard back… and you have a wrecking ball to hand.

You smash as many floating balls as you can before your time runs out, being careful not to snap the wrecking ball’s string. Earn ‘hats’ to power up your wrecking ball (yay, another game to earn hats in) and unlock new power-ups as you move up the ranks. If you are good enough you may even get to see the top rank, and the mystery Easter egg that comes along with it!

The only way you will get close is by hard work, determination, and searching for ‘Hard Hats’ in the App Store!