Imperial College Business School has achieved triple accreditation. This comes after meeting the required standard from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The Business school is now in the top 1% of business schools in the world to have triple accreditation from the largest and influential business school accreditation associations. These associations are the AMBA (Association of MBAs), EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) and now the AACSB.

Professor Dorothy Griffiths, Acting Principal for the Business School, said: “We are delighted with today’s announcement that confirms our position as a world-leading Business School. Our programmes combine the highest academic standards with the very latest business practices. By virtue of our unique position in Imperial College London, we are able to collaborate with world-class experts in science, engineering, technology and healthcare, to ensure that our research has real impact and influence in business and government, as well as engaging the wider public.”

The AACSB international accreditation is achieved after the AACSB staff undertakes a meticulous review of the business courses, which can take years to complete. There are 21 quality standards that must be met. The criteria relates to faculty, resources, the communication between staff and students, and the demonstration of a commitment of continuous improvement of the programmes.

Factors mentioned in the business school review report include: thehigh quality faculty and staff, the commitment to excellence, the strong research environment and the supportive culture. The review also states that the applied, practical nature of the programmes is valued by students.

The President and CEO of AACSB International commented as follows:

“We warmly congratulate Imperial College Business School and welcome it into the AACSB family of internationally accredited business schools. AACSB accreditation represents the highest achievement for an educational institution and its college of business. The Principal, faculty, directors and administrative staff of the Business School are to be commended for their dedication and commitment to continuous improvement, and for their role in earning initial accreditation.”