All of you spend a significant amount of your life on youtube, be it watching handy tutorial videos, lets-plays, music videos and/or videos of cute-ass kittens (the last being the most time intensive). However have you ever wondered why some of these Youtubers, more often than not just average Joe’s, actually do it? Yes of course they are all kind, considerate people who really just want to entertain you, but apart from that have you ever thought, what’s in it for them? Cash. Cold, hard cash. Youtube makes money from ads, and so that they encourage more clicks/views, they need to share some of the loot. Now I know exactly what you arethinking. You are sitting there reading this, munching on your sandwhich/homemade pasta, wanting some of that glorious dough. Well in fact that is not hard as long as you follow this absolutely patented fail safe acme cashtube plan! Firstly, make yourself an account. Without an account you will not be able to upload any videos, get on to that. Now think of a creative name that will stick in peoples minds as well as perhaps describing what you do. Therefore don’t call yourself Ramalama-dingdong unless you plan to talk about bells or report on the Dalai Lama. Next you will need to come up with original content. Trust me the people who repost other peoples content will never get to the upper echelons of youtube aristocracy. Think of something that no one has done before. It can be funny (usually the best), serious or something totally weird. It doesn’t really matter, as long as its new and you are good at it! However if you do not have any ideas, usually putting up videos of your kittens or puppies doing cute stuff is a good start. If you do not own any pet, you can always try remixing nyan cat! Once you have a certain amount of subscribers (500) is a good number, and are churning out good content on a weekly basis, you should start thinking about becoming a youtube partner. With this program the money can start rolling in. Depending on your popularity and/or viewing numbers (which are usually very closely related) you can get anywhere between $2.5 to $7 per 1,000 views. While this does not sound like much, it can certainly add up. So wow, now you are a up and coming youtube celebrity. The cash ain’t the only benefit that will come your way. If you are a gamer, you may get free games etc., if you do comedy, you may get offered a movie role (niga higa) or if you sing….oh wait, thats Justin Bieber. Actually please don’t sing. However on a serious note, more than being interested in making money (where you could just go into banking like most imperialites do), youtube is a platform to put yourself out there and give you the chance to earn a living with what you really love to do. While this may be a very hard thing to do for us socially impaired students, once you have gotten over the trolls and jerks that the internet seems to spawn en masse, it can be an extremely positive experience. Now I am off to repost that totally hilarious college humour video on my totally successful youtube channel, Peace out!