Last Saturday, Imperial College Boat Club’s annual party ended early when students were chucked out for bad behaviour.

In an email seen by FELIX sent from the venue’s management after the event, the students are accused of throwing food at members of staff, vomiting in corridors and staircases “around the hotel”, with one particular student accused of “vomiting all over [the] manager when he was explaining to you that the function was going to be stopped due to the behaviour”.

The party was held at the swanky Ambassador’s Hotel in Bloomsbury. In the email, the management told the boat club that they were now banned from any future events at the hotel.

Early in the evening, managers warned students that if their behaviour did not improve they would be ejected from the venue. The hotel accuses students of damaging equipment, bringing alcohol and consuming it in the hotel which is not allowed, and leaving bar bills unpaid. At 10pm, two hours earlier than planned, the hotel management turned on the lights and threw the students out.

One student was accused of “vomiting all over [the] manager”

The students are also accused of smashing the glass wall of a toilet cubicle in the hotel, which it is now seeking compensation for, as well as extra cleaning costs.

The club were also told in the subsequent email that the hotel’s “business relationship” with Imperial College may now be in danger, and that college would be informed of the matter “to make them aware of the behaviour of their students”.

The club has now been temporarily suspended by the union.

This comes just one week after the medics boat clubbed were stopped at Dover on their annual trip to Belgium for being too drunk. Some had port bottles taped to their arms as P&O ferries decided to deny them passage due to being “drunk and disorderly”.

Regarding the non-medic boat club’s recent antics, the union told FELIX: “Following the alleged incidents of Saturday 23rd January, the club have been immediately suspended pending investigation. They are cooperating to establish the facts of what happened on the night.”