So, I sit down in the Woodward study room ready to sink my teeth into some epidemiology, cut to three hours later and I finally start working. This wasn’t your average YouTube/Facebook/ “really need to reply to these week-old emails” kind of procrastination - this was JUSTICE!

You all know Justice, you’ve all heard ‘D.A.N.C.E.’ and you’ve all enjoyed it. Every person from everywhere loves that song, but did you know they have other amazing music too? The electronic French duo have produced a number of incredible songs over the last decade that you are guaranteed to have heard at some point in your life: ‘We Are Your Friends’, ‘Genesis’, etc. I’ve been a fan of their music for the last few years but when I stumbled onto their 2018 release Woman Worldwide I lost my tiny little mind. I’m actually writing this while listening to the album for the first time, I haven’t even finished yet!

I am certainly biased because I love them SO MUCH and this album is a biggest hits type-thing. Take all their best bits over the last ten years, have the performers at the top of their game come hot off worldwide tours, and then concentrate it down into one continuous hour and half studio set - you get this album.

It’s fucking sublime.

Sorry but it’s impossible for me to analyse this album with an objective lens. I refuse to do anything other than enjoy this majesty of electronic energy. If you want some actual proof that this is good, then allow me to direct your attention to the Grammy for Best Dance/Electronic Album of 2018 – Woman Worldwide (duh). Yes, I know the Grammys are prone to bullshit (like how hell did Macklemore beat Kendrick’s good kid, m.A.A.d city in 2014 for Best Rap Album??) but Justice’s award should at least be enough to convince you that they’re better than good.

The French men work with a foundation of vintage funk, disco and house, but also take influence from prog, metal, new wave, indie, and a hell of a lot more. That’s all I want to say about them. Now go forth children! Listen to this album, experience the beauty, and then tell me how much I overhyped it. I don’t care if you disagree, I won’t be able to hear you through the liquid gold Justice so kindly poured into my ears.

-5 stars