As the year draws to a close, many societies will begin the transition to a new committee. Running a society at Imperial is not easy, and perhaps the hardest part of running a society is planning the associated events. A lot of things have to be taken into consideration when preparing for them. You want to plan events that not only engage your current members, but are also inviting to new members and give the wider community a glimpse of what exactly your society is about.

We’re going to put it out there. Planning events isn’t easy. If you’re not struggling to book a venue, you’re emailing external speakers, or perhaps even trying to convince your members to come – the list really does go on. However, what I’ve found is that one of the most understatedly difficult choices to make when planning an event, is choosing what platform to host your tickets on. The process and ease of ticket procurement sets the tone for the rest of the event. An easy and smooth ticket purchasing process puts the customer at ease, and incites excitement for the event.

You might choose Eventbrite, or you might choose to sell through the Union. Using the Union, you don’t get the revenue from ticket sales until after the event has taken place. What happens if you need the money urgently, for example to book the venue? Damn. On the other hand, when using Eventbrite, the company takes a percentage of the revenue from your ticket sales AND they don’t give you the money until after the event has been held. Double damn. What if we told you we have the solution to your problems?

Reverb is a ticketing platform made by students. We are a professional, creative team of undergraduates who understand (trust me, we do) just how hard it is to plan events. We know the kind of experience and vibe you want your members to have when they attend your events, and we are passionate about helping you execute that vision. Our passion is managing behind-the-scenes details so our clients don’t have to worry about them.

With Reverb, we provide tickets at a lower cost than all our other competitors (we’ve done all the research, so you don’t have to). In addition, we have early pay-out options, which provide you with a variable proportion of revenue from ticket sales before the event has been held. This helps you improve your short-term cash flow position, so you have the funds needed to improve your event. It’s a win-win for everyone!

If you’re interested about finding out more about Reverb, or you’d like to register early interest, visit our website reverbintl.com. We can’t wait to hear from you guys!