You might’ve just moved to London and are already missing home and looking for something to do to help distract you – be it camping in the countryside, or lunch on the seaside, England has so much to offer, and London is only the tip of the iceberg, Make the most of your time here and make it a priority to see all the beautiful places that are right at your doorstep – from gorgeous coasts, to misty clifftops and astounding gardens, prepare yourself for the staycation of a lifetime. Leave your passport, grab your bags, and join Felix as we take you on our very own adventure to the 6 most beautiful locations around the UK.

1. Cambridge

Famous for its university, Cambridge is no doubt one of England’s most appreciated towns, but its location means it has so much more to offer than a solid education. You can start off by following a trail along the whopping 31 colleges around the university town, and subsequently, pay the River Cam a visit and punt along it, whilst you observe the historic town’s beauty in all its wonder as you pass the town centre.

2. Lake District

With its UNESCO World Heritage status, the Lake District is unmistakably one of the most scenic on our list. Whether you’re looking for inspiration to write your next poem, book, song (or even dissertation), or you’re just looking to spend some downtime away from the city – look no further.

The natural wonders around here include 12 beautiful lakes, with England’s largest lake – Windermere, as well as one of the highest mountains – Scafell Pike – within walking distance of each other. So, get ready for a beautiful trail and the escapade of a lifetime as you’re bound to experience some of the most tranquil days ever here.

3. Bristol

Voted student city of the year for years in a row, Bristol is perfect for when you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of London, but you’re not quite ready to take on the stillness that comes with being in the countryside. Bristol’s great as that middle-ground: use the day to follow contemporary art and immerse yourself into Banksy’s work, and then pop over to the seafront for some late-afternoon shopping and a scenic dinner.

4. Cornwall

The UK’s surfing capital has recently become more and more popular following the premier of Poldark, and we can definitely see why. Take yourself down to St Ives, one of Cornwall’s most artsy towns, and browse through some gorgeous galleries – including the classic Tate St Ives. Don’t forget to follow this up with a visit to the iconic Watergate Bay – what is arguable Cornwall’s most picturesque beach – and then pop down to St. Michael’s Mount – a mini rocky island with the legendary cave in which a giant supposedly lives. Guess you’re going to have to find out yourself if this is indeed a myth or a fact…

5. Brighton

The Brighton Royal Pavilion is among the most prevalent attractions in the UK, and it’s not hard to see why. This seaside fortress, initially belonging to Prince George IV, and contemporarily titled “the pleasure palace”, is an Indian-style palace with nearly 200 years of history, and an interior your Instagram feed most definitely needs.

6. Bath

One of England’s oldest cities, Bath is famous for its Roman Baths, which reportedly have healing waters that have attracted sightseers from all over the world for over 1000 years. If you’d like to experience these for yourself, head over to Thermae Vath Spa and prepare yourself for the pampering of a lifetime – perfect for a post-exam treat, or even just some time away from the stress of uni.