It’s cold, you’re bored, and your friends from home are looking for something to do. Look no further than our list of new releases to keep you entertained while we’re away.

BLACK CHRISTMAS: 12th December

A loose remake of the 1974 fan favourite Christmas movie. As the nights grow colder and darker, girls on a university campus are killed by an anonymous stalker. Perfect for anyone looking for their Christmas and slasher fix all wrapped up into one. JUMANJI: THE NEXT LEVEL: 13th December

Smolder Bravestone and the gang are back in this sequel to save their friend from the virtual world of Jumanji. With more deadly terrains and even deadlier animals, the challenge intensifies as two pensioners are sucked into the game too.

STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER: 19th December

Fourty-four years after it all started, twenty years after Jar Jar Binks, and two years since swole Kylo Ren, ‘the skywalker saga’ gets its final instalment this Christmas. Jedi vs. Sith. Resistance vs. First Order. I’d advise seeing this before twitter ruins it for you.

CATS: 20th December

Tom Hooper directs his next musical film after Les Misérables to bring to life Lloyd Webbers musical, Cats. Sure to provide you with mind-blowing choreography and amazing vocals that will hopefully distract you from that oh-so-awful CGI.

LITTLE WOMEN: 26th December

A remake of the classic novel with Saoirse Ronan, Emma Watson, Timothee Chalamet and Meryl Streep. This family drama follows the March sisters as they grow up in the aftermath of the American Civil War.

1917: 10th January

Directed by British director Sam Mendes (American Beauty). Two young soldiers are entrusted to deliver news to over 1,600 soldiers of a deadly attack. With Oscar buzz surrounding it already, something to look out for in this movie is how it appears to be one continuous shot from start to finish.