FELIX

"Keep the Cat Free"
16/04/14

Imperial TEDx talks prove popular online

Babbage brings in the hits
Sharing

Video footage of March’s TEDxImperialCollege event is now available to view on YouTube, with a talk by programmer John Graham-Cumming about Charles Babbage’s Analytical Machine enjoying over 18,000 views at the time of going to print.

TEDx is a program of local and self-organised events based upon TED (Technology, Entertainment and Design) conferences. The Imperial College event, held on 24 March, saw over 700 guests attend an afternoon of talks on a wide manner of topics. One such talk was given by Imperial student Joanis Holzigel, who discussed his involvement with student project e.quinox and efforts to provide electrification in an African village.

On the day itself, the Twitter hashtag #TEDxIC trended on the social networking service in both the United Kingdom and London. 

• Share:

Comments (0 comments)

Comment anonymously or log in

Anonymous comments are moderated before appearing on the website. Comments posted while logged in appear immediately and are moderated later. Your IP address will also be submitted to Akismet for spam detection purposes.

Read our commenting policy for more information.

Commenting Policy

Felix is fully supportive of fierce and frank discussions. We will generally allow comments that are on-topic and avoid personal attacks; criticising someone's decision is allowed, criticising their weight, for example, is not.

Comments may be deleted/rejected if they:

• are off-topic
  • contain ad-hominem attacks
  • are potentially libellous
  • use excessively foul language
  • are obviously spam

If you submit your comment anonymously then your IP address will be submitted to Akismet for spam detection purposes.