The Mens 3s reignited their BUCS campaign with a solid 2-0 win over the Royal Veternary College.

The Imperial men’s 3s proved to be effective on the counter attack and disciplined in defense to keep their slim promotion hopes alive.

Straight from the first whistle Imperial got stuck in and made things difficult for the Royal Veternary College side, but after the first five minutes there was no sign of a break through for Imperial, whilst Royal Veternary College found the same rhythm that led to their victory in the reverse fixture.

Nevertheless, the third eleven defended in numbers and Royal Veternary College couldn’t find a way through. The Vets poured forward in search of an opening goal however this created holes behind their midfield, leaving them vulnerable and open to attack, something which the side duly exploited.

A quick break down the right saw B Tablet win a short corner. Although the routine was scuffed, it still found its way through to Cockerel, whose expert finish put Imperial 1-0 up.

This goal reinvigorated Imperial and suddenly the Royal Veternary College goal was under threat again. Good work in midfield from MG and Designer put Brickney through, and he swept home to double the lead. The half time whistle soon followed with Imperial firmly in the driving seat and carrying all the momentum.

In the second half, Royal Veternary College applied more pressure on the Imperial goal, but resolute defending in the centre from Bottle Top and Fritzl made sure there was no way through. The opposition’s best chance came from a short corner, where a good move saw the goal blocked by Gingypops on the post.

Disaster almost struck though, as Bottle Top went down injured, but November seamlessly switched into defense and Imperial shut up shop till the final whistle, leaving the Vets to lick their wounds and Imperial to revel in a much needed victory.

The whole team played well and worked hard throughout, but extra credit must be given to Fresher Alex and /&- who tirelessly lead the line, allowing Imperial to build the platform for their win.