Do you remember when you were five and after a few cold autumn days, you got so sick that you couldn’t get out of bed? But, miraculously, your mum knew exactly what to do so you would feel better. More often than not, it was suspense chicken soup, and in just an instant, you felt better! Now I don’t say that it was the soup or you really wanting to go out again, but you get my point.

I know that soup is not the most common meal in college - I actually haven’t seen anyone eating soup here, but I must say that this is the food that reminds me of home, family and childhood. So, just in case you want to be hit by some nostalgia, I’ll show you my Soupe Recette.

Ingredients: Olive Oil Chicken - either 2 breasts or 4 boneless thighs 2 large carrots 1 onion 200g Green beans 2 eggs Medium semolina Handful Parsley Other veggies, if you really love them Salt, pepper and other condiments you like

First, you need a large pot. Add a bit of oil, and get it hot. Add the chicken and cook it on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add water until half of your pot is full. Let it boil, while you handle the veggies.

I prefer big pieces of carrots, so I just cut them into 4-5 chunks. But if you prefer small pieces, just chop them smaller. Peel and cut the onion in quarters. Add the beans, carrots and onion to the pot. Top up the pan with water if necessary.

Now, time for the funny part! Beat the eggs in a bowl. When they are quite mixed, start adding some semolina. Keep mixing and adding semolina until you get a pretty thick paste - it shouldn’t fall off the spoon quickly when turned upside down.

Check for the pot from time to time and make sure that everything is covered in water. If not, just add more. Cook everything until the carrots can be cut using just a spoon - nice and tender. Now, using a spoon (it strikes again), add the semolina mixture into the hot water, one spoonful at a time. You will get floating spheres of semolina, which makes your dumplings. After all the semolina is added, check again that there is enough water. Wait 5-7 more minutes and …. you’re done! Good job - you’ve finished, probably, your first soup and it doesn’t even look like the soup you are used to! Add salt and pepper (maybe some chilli) and the chopped parsley leaves and enjoy.