Following a strong win and a defensive shut out against the UEA Pirates, the Immortals were looking to build upon their momentum and announce themselves as serious playoff contenders. Standing in their way were the Immortals’ fierce rivals, Royal Holloway.

The Immortals received the ball to start, with Markus ‘Donald Plump’ Mohr catching the deep ball and returning it 20 yards. Likely the first ever kick return from an O-Linemen in BUCS history. A strong offensive drive ensued, but came to an abrupt halt when Quarterback Jason ‘Poundcut’ Kuilan threw an interception under intense pressure due to some questionable blocks from the Immortals O-Line. Fortunately, the defence came out firing on all cylinders and after a series of big plays, got the first score of the day with Jonas ‘More-muscles-than-brains’ Schwenck sacking the Bears’ QB in the endzone. Not wanting to be outdone the Immortals Offense upped their game, scoring on the following two drives with powerful and evasive runs from Jason and running back Guillaume ‘Cheerleader’ Fontan capping off long, composed drives. Half time score: 14-0.

The Immortals came out in the second half all guns blazing, scoring two touchdowns in quick succession. The first coming from a Marshawn Lynch-esque run from Offensive MVP Guillaume and the second due to a strip sack from Overall MVP Henners ‘Exclusively Canine’ Turner leading to Defensive MVP Harry ‘0 Picks, 0 Aves’ Lawrence picking the ball up and scurrying to the endzone to extend the Immortals’ lead to four scores. On the next drive, a quick wide receiver screen and a momentary lapse in concentration led to the Bears’ sole score of the day. Shout out to Will ‘Loosey’ Coidan for a diabolical tackle attempt, taking out his own pursuing defender and crushing any dreams of consecutive shutouts. The defence made amends with several big plays to close out the game with interceptions from Henry ‘Old Man’ Alston, Panujum Taleongpony and the ever-present Jason. Special mention to big man Panujum for being stopped on the two-yard line following a stampeding run down the field. The Immortals closed out the game confidently with the final score being 42-6.

Following this win, the Immortals now lie in the playoff positions for the first time since the 2014 season, when they reached the national semi-finals. They will be looking to take another step towards replicating their previous playoff success in two weeks against a UEA team, keen for retribution.