Just because they are a totally different thing to gingerbread, you need two to have both – trust me. Even if your family says “We don’t need two kinds of biscuits!”, what else would you give Santa when he delivers your gifts? Everybody knows that you make biscuits for Santa! So you have no choice.
You will need…
- 150g butter
- 100g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder/baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Boiled coloured sweets
- Mix the butter and sugar together until creamy, then add the eggs in and mix. Again, your best option here is a hand mixer.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in another bowl, and then slowly add them to the butter mix. Mix with a wooden spoon until the mixture has a biscuit dough consistency.
- Roll the dough and cut out biscuit shapes (the more they remind you of Christmas, the better).
- Cut a hole out of the centre of each biscuit, using a small knife or something similar – you can add the offcuts and all the misshapen results together and mix another batch.
- Place a sweet inside the hole and then cook for ~15 minutes depending on your oven – you want the sweet to be melted and the cookie to be golden.